Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Week 6 EOC: Me x 3

"...the products people buy reflect their lifestyles. As a result, marketers often segment their markets by consumer lifestyles and base their marketing strategies on lifestyle appeals." - (Armstrong & Kotler (2001) Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. pg. 179). 

With that stated, Apple is one of the companies that define some aspects of my life. Apple products fit my lifestyle because I am in an industry that is 80 percent digital. In the audio and video industry, half of your life is spent in front of a computer; networking, reaching out to clients, doing research, and putting projects together. Having the best technology is essential to me. It facilitates my tasks, helps me manage my busy schedule, and helps me live my life. With Apple, I know I will always have a quality product.

Levi's is another brand that defines me as a person. The music industry is one of the factors that defines the clothing I wear. Levi's 501 jeans give me a sense of style and comfort. They are affordable, and they maintain the original style that I wear. These are some of the reasons I benefit as a costumer of Levi's. "Benefit segmentation requires finding the major benefits people look for in the product class, the kinds of people who look for each benefit, and the major brands that deliver each benefit." - (Armstrong & Kotler (2001) Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. pg. 182).

Nike is a brand that also defines my personality. I am a fan of their fashionable sneakers and apparel. Over 80 percent of my shoes are manufactured by Nike. I am a loyal Nike customer because I know I can always find something I like. "Marketers rarely limit their segmentation analysis to only one or a few variables. Rather, they often use multiple segmentation bases in an effort to identify smaller, better-defined target groups." - (Armstrong & Kotler (2001) Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. pg. 183). Nike is a company that is expert at multiple segmentation. Nike's customer base ranges from consumers that look for comfort, performance, and fashion. Another reason for Nike's success is the price range of their products. Nike markets in a broad basis, which means they have something for every consumer, whether they spend large, moderate, or short amounts of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment