Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics

After reading about the three major demographics, I came to find out I am part of the millennial generation, or Generation Y.  The book speaks on generation Y's fluency with technology, which I would definitely agree with. I would also agree that I am the kind of person that prefers to reach out for information, and then sharing that information socially.

Even though I would generally fall under the Generation Y demographic, I also embody attributes that Generation X-ers have. I contain some of these qualities because the way I was raised. As a child, I was brought up by older people, and I rarely associated with children my age or younger. I was also taught to reach for success, and I prize all experiences.

I would say that I fall under both demographics. I am a mix of Generation X and Generation Y. I am a true believer of 'quality over quantity', regardless of the fact that I tend to spend more money than expected. I wasn't brought up with many electronics, and I wasn't truly introduced to technology until I arrived to the United States. Once I adjusted to the way of life, I became tech savvy as I got the first taste of technology during my teen years.

(Armstrong & Kotler (2001) Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. pg. 71-74.)

No comments:

Post a Comment